Thursday, February 26, 2009

Animal Videos and Another Useless List


So.....

...


.....

What's up?



Not much here either I guess...

Well.

Guess I should talk about something now...

Hrm...

I've been listening to Mi Ami's newest album. It's pretty good. Y'know, Black Eyes is one of those bands that I feel didn't/don't get the attention they deserve/d. But, it's nice to have something related to that band out and new and nice and all. I bet it will be a pretty nice show when they come here.

What else?

I've gotten over my Fear of Books (bibliophobia?) and have been reading a bunch of stuff I shoulda read a long time ago. Like Journey to the End of the Night. I gotta agree with M. Jim Morrison (rest in pieces!) on this one. Misanthropy is fun!

I made a version of my favorite albums of all time last night. I guess I'll just post that:

The Fall- Hex Enduction Hour
My Bloody Valentine- Loveless
Public Enemy- It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back
The Congos- The Heart of the Congos
Jesus and Mary Chain- Psychocandy
Royal Trux- Twin Infinitives
Rolling Stones- Let It Bleed or Exile on Main Street (couldn't make up my mind...)
Flipper- Album: Generic
Horace Andy- Dance Hall Style
Big Black- Songs About Fucking
NEU! (the first one, although I guess I like 'em all)
Sonny Sharrock- Black Woman
Husker Du- Zen Arcade
Kraftwerk- Trans-Europe Express
Terry Riley- Rainbow in Curved Air
The Slits- Cut
Black Flag- Damaged
Yoko Ono- Plastic Ono Band
Ornette Coleman- Skies of Ameirca or Science Fiction (See what I wrote about the Stones)
Islaja- Palaa Aurikoon
Magik Markers- I Trust My Guitar, Etc.
v/a I Belong to This Band
Nico- Marble Index
David Bowie- Low
The Clash- London Calling
Miles Davis- On the Corner
Pere Ubu- Dub Housing
Gilberto Gil- S/t (the one from 1968)
Sonic Youth- Evol
Amalia Rodrigues- The Art of Amalia Rodrigues
Wolf Eyes- Burned Mind (I would like to insert an apology here to the band for the one time they played here and I just really wanted to touch that gong...)

There are a bunch of artists I love that didn't have one particular album I liked enough to include here (I'm looking at you Black Dice/The Carter Family). Also there are a bunch of comps I was too lazy to go back and add once I remembered them. The list was mostly based on whether I'd liked the album for a super long time and still enjoy listening to it/it changed the way I listened to music. It's also a highly arbitrary list with no real order except the first couple are definite favorites and the last few were sorta tacked on.

Also, I've been watching a lot of YouTube clips of animals playing the piano. Here are my faves:


No comments: