Monday, January 21, 2008

Week Overview I and Careering

So, I have decided that every week, when I feel like it, I will do a "Week in Review" where I talk about my last week and review it. Ergo the name. This is the first one of these. Let's see how it goes.

SUMMATION OF WEEK'S KEY TERMS:

1. Lost: I watched the first season of this show a lot this week, making this the first time I've ever actually seen it. I've noticed that I'm really good at guessing what happens. This could have to do with the fact that I saw several episodes of Season Two and a few of Season Three. That sort of ruins some things, in a way. But I'm hanging in there.
2.Blectum from Blechdom: According to Last.fm I listened to them the most of any artist last week. I do not remember this. See below.
3. Inebriation: This was an important BUZZ word last week! HAHAHA!
4. The emptiness of existence: See above.
5. The emptiness of sexistence: Still not so sure about this one.
6. Snow: What can I say? It made me happy. I'm a pretty simple person.
7. Gowns Red State: God, this album sucked.
8. Kids in the Hall: Still, improbably, hilarious.
9. Rings Black Habit: I was surprised by how much I liked this album. This is especially true because when they were First Nation they were nauseatingly bad. Also, I think it's evident that First Nation was one of the shittiest band names ever by the fact that Rings actually seems decent in comparison. Somehow.
10. That guy who was completely bent over on Cameron Avenue with a book leaning on his upturned foot apparently reading said book while standing in the middle of the sidewalk: Still haven't figured this one out really. Did he really need to lean the book on his foot to read it? I mean, he looked pretty uncomfortable, with one foot all extended out in front of him, while he was almost completely doubled over. Honestly, at first I thought he might be sick, but then I saw that book resting there on his foot and his eyes steadfastly focused on it. Plus, what book is so great that he absolutely had to read it in the middle of the sidewalk? I can only guess that it was something by Anne McCaffrey. By far the most mysterious thing that I saw all last week. Maybe in the last few months.

TIDBITS: Did you know that tidbit used to be "titbit"? From now on, I'm only using titbit, even though it sounds painful/erotic.

Also, importantly, I've decided this week (i.e. today) that I am now a performance artist. Now I am waiting for a grant. Because that's how it works. I think. So, from now on, whenever anyone asks me what I do (which really doesn't happen that often) I can just say I'm a performance artist because, really, what are they going to do? Ask for my performance artist card? No. Besides, it's true.

INSPIRATIONAL QUOTATION*:

"We are excited to announce that Blogger is now available in three more languages: Arabic, Hebrew, and Persian!"
-World peace rules permanently on Blogger now. I am inspired by this quotation.




Next time I'll probably not write about Black Dice. At this point, I'm just going to try and throw in casual references to them in every post or in every post that I remember to do this in. Why am I going to do this? You know why, so don't even bother pretending to ask me.


FIRST WEEK REVIEW: REVIEWED
FOURTH ENTRY: ENTERED

* Yes, I just used quotation instead of quote. No, I don't know if I can live with myself knowing that I have done this. Details upcoming.

3 comments:

Luxe Posh said...

I know this is not the appropriate post but I am lazy. I like vampire weekend- yes they go to Columbia and sound like they are white kids from south Africa trying to imitate a lifesavers commercial but that is okay w/ me. And as we all know- NOTHING IS EVER OKAY WITH S.KIDDDD

Dr. S.F. K---- said...

I didn't know they sounded like "white kids from south africa trying to imitate a lifesavers commercial" and I can't decide if that makes me want to give them a second chance or hate them more.

katherinedoe said...

my dad saw me reading your blog and was so taken by the name that i wonder if he might read it in his own spare time

also i agree that gowns sucks and i'd only listen to vampire weekend if they were white kids from south africa trying to imitate a FRUITOPIA commerical