Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Cohens and Cetera (Ich bin ein falscher Fuchs eines Mannes!)

Firstly, I simply put up this portrait of Leonard Cohen that I did a while ago because I was too lazy to make a new picture for this post. So, there is actually very little about good olde Lenny in what comes ahead. If you were expecting an excellent essay of mine on the vagaries of the magnificence that is Sr. Cohen, you will be sadly disappointed by what is written below, and should, therefore, perhaps not read it. On the other hand, I think that picture is a pretty good critical analysis of said troubadour, so... you could just look at that picture and make up your own essay based on it. That's actually a really good idea. You should do that. And then send me the essay so I can peruse it thoughtfully while scratching my chin*. I think this is a plan we can all get behind.

Onward to things not-Cohen related:

...


;)
That is my favorite emoticon. Leonard Cohen would not approve (see how I just lied about not talking about him again? I am a devious fox of a man!)

Also, last night Party Band played. We played with other bands. I danced. I will not comment on those bands in a critical manner mainly because the one guy had a really swell shirt that had Our Lady of Guadelupe (a personal obsession of mine) with a witch's face superimposed upon her lower torso/pelvis/legs. It was like the witch was erupting out of Our Lady! I was smitten. Also, I'm not going to name these bands in the off chance that they google^ their own names and thereby do something very bad to me/my family/my massive land holdings in the south of France. Of this I am convinced.

Finally: Thanks y'uns.

Eightish Post: Posted

Also, week in review tomorrow...ish!

NB:

I don't need sources, I speak the dialect.

Эрон Кинней 19:05, 16 November 2005 (UTC)

*This means that I will probably viciously mock it on this blog.

^Blogger, owned by Google, does not recognize this as a word. Conspiracy? You tell me.

No comments: